Loom
I`ve just had my wiring melt itself in a great cloud of smoke which was scary.
Fortunately the Big will still run without lights and ignition provided the genny and CDI still work, so I got home at least.
Anyway, I don`t have a spare loom, so has anyone got a decent loom that has not been mullered they want to sell?
Interestingly, the SR41/42 loom has been unavailable for over 20 years as so many of them fried or disintegrated early on and they must have sold out long ago.
The SR43 loom is stll available from Suzuki yet it never gives any trouble. Bloody typical eh!
And no, I can`t use the 43 on the 41 as there are far too many differences.
Didn't someone post that they were looking into getting one made and was anyone else interested, or did I dream that.
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!! Big Grin

Didn't someone post that they were looking into getting one made and was anyone else interested, or did I dream that.

I vaguely remember that but it was many years ago
I've got quite a lot of bits off German Ebay...not cheap but generally lots of choice. Good luck! I swapped an old KLR 650 loom with one from German ebay and that worked a treat.
I`ve bought stuff from Germany before but ever since BoristheCunt brought in Brexit there have been problems.
You now get charged VAT and courier delivery charges on top of the purchase price, plus if you want to return a defective item there is a mountain of paperwork to complete.
Also, the prices they are charging in Germany are OTT. Shame, as Germany used to be a good source of spares.
Fair point! Brexit is a nightmare for shipping! I can't get anything from UK anymore...Agreed German Ebay is expensive. Cheaper than new stuff though!