Predator Exhaust
There is one on Ebay at the moment https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324685538953?...Swchtg0Hyh
Apart from being seriously overpriced, this system will seriously restrict your power output, and we don`t have a lot of it as it is.
The downpipe is of a much smaller diameter than standard, as is common with all their systems, which is probably why they went out of business.
I don`t know the seller, and I`m sure he is selling it in good faith. You have been warned  Smile
awful looking
They've obviously never heard of mandrel bends....not surprised they can't sell it, any exhaust company should know better.
Dave.
ps...I've probably mentioned it before, but a few years back before retirement, one morning I fitted a bigger dia front pipe to my DR800, ran it, seemed fine, had some lunch, then off to work...coming to the end of the motorway, I had much less engine braking than usual and when I stopped, I noticed the idle speed had gone up 500rpm...with just with a pipe change!!!
Lowered the idle speed and all was well.
I had a Predator on my Big for a while....
Admittedly it was originally for a CX500 but i cobbled it together to fit the DR header.
The can is actually very well made - decent weight to it indicating adequate steel thickness and good quality chrome finish. It sounded rather good, too - nice deep tone.
The header in the ebay ad looks dreadful, though.

[Image: IMG-0678.jpg]

I`ve now reverted back to the silencer the bike came with - which is also a Predator but another design and in stainless steel. I assume the header (also SS) is not the original Sukzuki one. Were they mild steel?

[Image: Image070.jpg]
(24-06-2021, 06:33 PM)Hann Wrote: I had a Predator on my Big for a while....
Admittedly it was originally for a CX500 but i cobbled it together to fit the DR header.
The can is actually very well made - decent weight to it indicating adequate steel thickness and good quality chrome finish. It sounded rather good, too - nice deep tone.
The header in the ebay ad looks dreadful, though.

[Image: IMG-0678.jpg]

I`ve now reverted back to the silencer the bike came with - which is also a Predator but another design and in stainless steel. I assume the header (also SS) is not the original Sukzuki one. Were they mild steel?

[Image: Image070.jpg]
Yep mild steel i have three of then in the shed
Yep mild steel i have three of then in the shed

Mild rust would be more accurate! Ditto the absurdly fragile silencer that came with it. Bloody cheapskates Suzuki!
All those scrap boats they beach in India need turning into something like! Big Grin