New Tenere
I'm thinking of buying a new or 2020  700 Tenere ,anyone had a ride on one ? or mates own one ? they get great reviews just wondering has anybody any thoughts ??
spendango Wrote:I'm thinking of buying a new or 2020  700 Tenere ,anyone had a ride on one ? or mates own one ? they get great reviews just wondering has anybody any thoughts ??

Hi Spen, I had a short spin on one last year just about Belfast. I liked it compared to the CRF1000 simpler  but, still too expensive (like most bikes now) for what it is. Lighter and probably more suitable off road than the Honda but, there again the Honda will be more practical for the long journeys.  It had standard seat so a tad tall for me but change the rear links and it'd be grand.

However, this was while I was looking out for another Super Tenere (I had a MK1 but had to liquidate it) and I got a mint  MK2 ST1200ZE with the electronically adjustable suspension and cruise control - I love it.  The latter is fab over the distance (Regular Belfast to Kenmare 1K/kms return) less fatigue on my achy wrist. But, CC works best with auto transmission as the gears will drop on inclines aiding fuel economy whereas with manual to maintain the cruising speed, the engine is put under more more load in a high gear and uses more juice.  However, you can squeeze about 45mpg without much bother without CC activated.

Back to the Tenere 700, it'd be my my choice compared to anything else in comparison. Ergonomics, reliability and practicality.
Cheers for your thoughts