Brakes!
Having read all there was to read on here and elsewhere about the brakes before I got the bike, I wasn't surprised at how utterly hopeless the front brake is on Godzilla - scary stuff when used to the good (but not exotic) brakes on my Fazer :o

Now I've ridden her a bit, puckered up a few times, and done my first off-roading diving into the verge, I thought it was time to do what can be done to improve matters without getting silly - new seals, oem pads, hel hose, bandit master cylinder seems to be the accepted formula. Ordered the bits, and took the caliper off.

I think I may have found why the brakes were quite so awful! Both pistons more or less seized thanks to a lack of dust seals, sliders seized due to one boot being holed and both being "greased" (glued) with copper grease - doh!

Not a pretty sight:
[Image: IMG-20201011-180125.jpg]

Got a bit confused with part numbers - the bike's a '96, so should be a T, but the caliper is earlier, might need to check the chassis number if I can find a database. Having seen the (incorrectly ordered) T pads I can see why those calipers are an improvement, much more friction surface. As the highwaymen at Suzuki want £11.00 for one slider boot I decided to get an aftermarket rebuild kit from these folks. It looks good quality, I'll post again about fit, etc when I get to that point - bit of wire brushing to do first!
The bandit mc's piston is to big. It gives a firm lever but no increase in braking force, less I'd say. Try yourself and see but I'd rebuild your own.
Bit confusing with the caliper as there were two types in the UK and also another one in Europe.
Whatever you do, don`t use non OE seals or dust seals or you will end up without any brakes at all as I did in France when I tried to do it on the cheap, and the seal failed after a couple of weeks. If you want to use cheap rubber boots it`s not so critical but use proper caliper grease with them.
I`ve found the main problem is crud building up behind the dust seal causing it to bind and I find I have to replace them every year. Probably due to road salt in the winter.
Having experimented for many years I`ve eventually found a reasonable braking system at last.
Change the disc to a genuine Brembo, which is less than £90.
Use genuine Tokico pads from the GPZ series from the 80s and 90s as they are identical to the SR43 only sintered and stop really well. Also there are lots of dealers clearing old stock  on Ebay so you will get them cheap. I`ve also used Brembo sintered which are brilliant but effing expensive.
Agree that there is less feel with the Bandit m/c but you get a span adjustable lever which is necessary if you have hand like a shovel like me and can only brake with two fingers
If you give me your chassis number I`ll tell you the year.