Surely I'm below average age on here?
I know I am not the most observant of people but can I ask when my title on here switched to SENIOR member.
I know I turn 50 in a couple of weeks, but on this forum I have always considered myself a bit of a spring chicken Big Grin no offence and all that. I now feel the pang of jealousy when I see Nug and H_lime listed as Posting freaks.
What has happened to my life? I know that when I say I'm getting my hair cut the wife repeats those cutting words I used to say to my old dad "which one?" Yes I am angry at the world and know that I could run the country better than any MP from any party. I know that 80's music is the best and that most before and after is tuneless dross but what qualifies me as Senior I just can't see it.
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!! Big Grin
(28-07-2020, 03:52 PM)Deano Wrote: I know I am not the most observant of people but can I ask when my title on here switched to SENIOR member.
I know I turn 50 in a couple of weeks, but on this forum I have always considered myself a bit of a spring chicken Big Grin no offence and all that. I now feel the pang of jealousy when I see Nug and H_lime listed as Posting freaks.
What has happened to my life? I know that when I say I'm getting my hair cut the wife repeats those cutting words I used to say to my old dad "which one?" Yes I am angry at the world and know that I could run the country better than any MP from any party. I know that 80's music is the best and that most before and after is tuneless dross but what qualifies me as Senior I just can't see it.
Welcome to the old farts club
Tongue 
Deano. You have earn't the title "senior" for your long standing in the forum. You are well on your way to becoming a grumpy old ba~#ad like me  Thumbup

I am 53 and still feel like an 18 year old. just can't get my hands on one.
A lot of people don`t live long enough to be an old fart so wear the badge with pride as it`s an achievement.

....... from a very old fart!
Well to celebrate my senior status I dragged the old girl out the garage this morning, got the bike out past her Dodgy haha. Then had a 40min ride to work a full mile from my home. First time the bike has been out in some time as we both worked through lockdown and I have the dog at work with me. Thought the bike would put up more of a fight because I have been ignoring her but a couple of goes and we were off and running. Smile
I also work a mile away Deano. I have to take the long way round when I use the bike. I don't go s far as you though. Just a few miles out on the country lanes so as to get the thing hot. Wish I could always ride to work, trouble is I have a boot full of tools and stuff which I often need.

Good that you got a ride out mate.
I'm freaking 56, I now feel old , lol
Rob from Dartmoor.
Not old...Just experienced!
nug Wrote:I also work a mile away Deano. I have to take the long way round when I use the bike. I don't go s far as you though. Just a few miles out on the country lanes so as to get the thing hot. Wish I could always ride to work, trouble is I have a boot full of tools and stuff which I often need.

Good that you got a ride out mate.

Only a 20min run this morning Nug but 2 days in a row so happy about that. It looked like bring your bike to work day yesterday out the front of our factory, The youngster "26 year old" in the workshop had his 74 plate CB in, we had a 90's Yamaha, mine and a 2010's speed triple that I managed to set off the alarm on with my exhaust when I left for the day Big Grin
Hi Chaps,

Bloody Hell, I turned 60 in April during the lockdown!!!!

Just got back from an 8 day camping expedition going through the Peak district, Cotswolds, Cheddar, Exeter, Salcombe and finally Lands End.

Had the Google maps App set for nor major roads and it took me through some of the loveliest A & B roads that I have been on for a while. Twisty and slow

The bike performed wonderfully, even though it was well loaded. It handled like a 70s yam 250 with a fat lass as pillion!! (Them were the days.....)

I had bought an Airrider seat at the motorcycle show. I had reservations about it, but it was like a young apprentice cupping your buttocks with his lovely soft hands ( Sorry - Offshore humour!!!!)

I rode 470 miles back on Sunday with 2 petrol stops and a pish break so comfy it was.

AS I have said before, the wife has her menopause, I have my motorbikes - Happy days!!!!

Regards
Steve