I'm back! (at last!)
Hello to everyone on here.
I've not been active for some time, until recently. 
I feel like explaining my absence. 
I've still had my DRs, but along with my other bikes, and pretty much everything else, life was on hold and I didn't have the motivation to do anything.
I'm not looking for sympathy, but I hope what I tell you will be helpful to someone. 
My daughter died a few years ago, following a lifelong medical condition, and then a failed multiple organ transplant. 
She was 27 years old when she passed away, and I'll tell you now, you won't experience any pain like the pain you feel when losing your offspring. 
Anyway, I've recently managed to shake myself back into action, albeit slowly, but I'm getting there.
I sold my black DR800 last week when I was buying Notags red DR800, but as that fell through, I'm left with the one blue and white bike, so I'm going to be concentrating on that, hence the recent activity.
I've a lot of other things to catch up on, but I'm trying to stay positive. 
I almost lost interest in bikes at one point, and got no enjoyment from riding.
Luckily, that passion survived the darkness I've been through, and I can enjoy the trails and roads on two wheels once again.
I'm using my XRV750, not DR800 at the moment though.
Once I'm up to speed with all the other jobs that have been neglected recently, I'll be able to start on my DR.
Hopefully I'll be back on here to check in now and then, but I'll be honest, it's not my top priority right now.
I'll try though.
Like I said, I'm not looking for sympathy, but if you know of anyone who is suffering due to losing a child, I can say from experience that it won't stop hurting, but it will eventually become manageable, and enable you to carry on.
Cheers. 
Mark N J Paine...
Welcome back. We live in tough times. Let`s hope the sun starts shining on us all.
(19-07-2020, 07:22 PM)BigBob Wrote: Welcome back. We live in tough times. Let`s hope the sun starts shining on us all.
Well it's been a nice day today.
That helps.
Sorry to hear of your loss mark. But it's good to hear your getting on with things again. Hope the DR gets on the road again soon.
Sad times Mark.
I lost one of my identical twin girls to cancer at 12 years old. That was 12 years ago. Unbearable at the time, but as is often said, time does heal.
Luckily, as a family, we all made it through and are very close now. Motorcycles are a great distraction.

Good luck fella.
Rob from Dartmoor.
(19-07-2020, 11:31 AM)Marknjpaine Wrote: I'm using my XRV750, not DR800 at the moment though.

Far superior bike if you ask me!
(I'll get my coat!)
(19-07-2020, 11:31 AM)Marknjpaine Wrote: Hello to everyone on here.
I've not been active for some time, until recently. 
I feel like explaining my absence. 
I've still had my DRs, but along with my other bikes, and pretty much everything else, life was on hold and I didn't have the motivation to do anything.
I'm not looking for sympathy, but I hope what I tell you will be helpful to someone. 
My daughter died a few years ago, following a lifelong medical condition, and then a failed multiple organ transplant. 
She was 27 years old when she passed away, and I'll tell you now, you won't experience any pain like the pain you feel when losing your offspring. 
Anyway, I've recently managed to shake myself back into action, albeit slowly, but I'm getting there.
I sold my black DR800 last week when I was buying Notags red DR800, but as that fell through, I'm left with the one blue and white bike, so I'm going to be concentrating on that, hence the recent activity.
I've a lot of other things to catch up on, but I'm trying to stay positive. 
I almost lost interest in bikes at one point, and got no enjoyment from riding.
Luckily, that passion survived the darkness I've been through, and I can enjoy the trails and roads on two wheels once again.
I'm using my XRV750, not DR800 at the moment though.
Once I'm up to speed with all the other jobs that have been neglected recently, I'll be able to start on my DR.
Hopefully I'll be back on here to check in now and then, but I'll be honest, it's not my top priority right now.
I'll try though.
Like I said, I'm not looking for sympathy, but if you know of anyone who is suffering due to losing a child, I can say from experience that it won't stop hurting, but it will eventually become manageable, and enable you to carry on.
Cheers. 
Mark N J Paine...
Hi Mark , Good to hear you are getting back into bikes, I can't imagine what you have gone through , Hopefully we can help you get the BIG back on the road. 

Plenty of knowledge ( BOB ) on here
(20-07-2020, 07:23 AM)bigrob Wrote: Sad times Mark.
I lost one of my identical twin girls to cancer at 12 years old. That was 12 years ago. Unbearable at the time, but as is often said, time does heal.
Luckily,  as a family, we all made it through and are very close now. Motorcycles are a great distraction.

Good luck fella.
Thanks for that Rob.
Every little helps as they say, and knowing I'm not alone, is sad, because it means someone else is suffering as well, but at the same time, I know I'm not the only one.
Bikes are a good distraction,  but I almost lost interest in that as well for a while.
Good to be back in the saddle.
Bit fresh at 06;00hrs today mind!
Lovely sunrise this morning mind.

(19-07-2020, 08:44 PM)Chris1215 Wrote: Sorry to hear of your loss mark. But it's good to hear your getting on with things again. Hope the DR gets on the road again soon.
Cheers Chris.
Been a dark time.
There's light at the end of the tunnel again now though.
Shouldn't take much to get the DR back on the road.
Just time and effort.
Other things need doing before I get to that though.
Mark...
Thumbs Up 
Good to see you back on here. You have had a rough time. I hope your rekindled interest in the Big will help make things better for you.

I seem to remember that you are not that far from me? was it down the A1 Sth of Grantham sort area? We should have a ride out sometime.