Summer wildlife visitors....
Summer wildlife visitors....

Although a late start to the season due to the pox, it was a welcome sight for the café owners of Kenmare (and a long queue for regulars to get their caffeine fix) as the first small groups of GSers descended into town. There were a few of the older critters on 1100 & 1150s with the newer generation of fledglings on their new LC's. A couple of GSXers didn't seem impressed with these upstarts and decided the town wasn't big enough and rode off.

Some of the veterans were still able to swing a dignified leg over their strides to dismount. A few of the whipper snappers still need a little practice to dismount touching their saddles with the heel of their shiny new boots and doing that rearward one legged hop to avoid landing on their arse and spoiling their designer plumage.

There were a few of the usual Sunday runners and first sightings from further afield with UK and Continental plates. I observed a shiny new yearling GS spotless and loaded with all sorts of bling and serious hardcore attachments. It was almost like a 'bird of paradise' that David Attenborough would find so amusing on the tv. The owner dared not to venture too far, regularly revolving his neck owl like to check his mount. I guess fearing the weight of his shiny new behemoth may fall over, despite the seriously engineered titanium side stand foot from Touratit.

Seriously though, I wonder how the season will pan out for everyone - almost impossible to make plans, probably a last minute rush for the ferry and wish for the best.....
Your observations re BMW GS pilots are not too wide of the mark as they certainly are a breed apart.
I always avoid them if I can as they are always a bunch of sniffy opinionated stuck up twats.
We get them at the Ace Adventure rally every year sporting all their shiny bling, all looking smug.
I don`t go on the Adventurebike site any more as they took it over and no one else is allowed an opinion.
Last year going down to the south of Spain on the Big I passed at least 10,000 GS BMWs coming the other way in a huge phalanx near the Pyreness.
Took about 2 hours to pass, and as it was a friday evening, I assume they were all off to a rally to compare shiny accessories.
As for going anywhere this year ........... my feeling is that the plague is with us for the forseeable future and it will be too dangerous to go anywhere without considerable risk. 
I live with a woman with next to zero immune system so I dare not risk getting it as it would kill her for sure.
Let`s hope we see better times, but with the useless shower wehave in charge, I`m not too hopeful.
Stay safe
Jesus Dave lol, get off the fence and tell us what ye really think ov emBig Grin
Even if I could afford one, which I never will, its the last yoke I'd buy. They're funking hoooge! One of them came round a country bend towards me when I was out last week on the Dr and it was positively gargantuan. Bars n luggage n cylinders jutting out everywhere, I actually laughed out loud, they are genuienly comical lookin yokes like some sorta transformer that's got stuck half way while transformin Big Grin
How much does the new water buffalo ring up on the cash register?
Agree, and I had a standard 1100 gs (loved it) but it wasn't burdened with wannabe ad ons. Lol indeed.
Rob from Dartmoor.
I don't really dislike the indivuals - I just don't understand the blind loyalty to BMW nor any other corporate brand. They're all the same to me particularly the apple devotee cultists here in Cork with their EU facist state HQ (Ireland has been pimped as the tax whore of most world corporations outside of the US) here in the City.

There seems to be a common mindset embedded into their cranium firmware be they employees or the consumers queuing up a week before launch before being raped for the release of their next fix.  However, if you ever dare raise the issue for discussion, they morph into psychotic venomous fukwits. I guess any GSer with an apple app connection with their bike will be the ultimate dickhead....  Big Grin

Ah well - I have to control my jealously as I'd never pass their initiation regime......
???????
Rob from Dartmoor.
Confused Big Rob???????

I'm unsure as to the nature of your many questions myself. Regarding my last post however, I'm illustrating the similarity of 'brand loyality' for products be it bikes, technology or handbags really.

Marketing by manufacturing corporations is so intertwined and sophisticated now.  They apply psychological methods to induce consumers to purchase almost addictively their wares.  It's like tv shows and movies in general now, they're really product placement extended commercials with a narrative now.  BMW and Apple know how to flog their wares to the masses knowing how the mind works, and how easily it is manipulated.
(01-07-2020, 08:48 AM)Dr Mabuse Wrote: Confused Big Rob???????

I'm unsure as to the nature of your many questions myself. Regarding my last post however, I'm illustrating the similarity of 'brand loyality' for products be it bikes, technology or handbags really.

Marketing by manufacturing corporations is so intertwined and sophisticated now.  They apply psychological methods to induce consumers to purchase almost addictively their wares.  It's like tv shows and movies in general now, they're really product placement extended commercials with a narrative now.  BMW and Apple know how to flog their wares to the masses knowing how the mind works, and how easily it is manipulated.

Not confused Dr M, but I put a lot of laughing smile things and the posting turned them into frekin' question Mark's.

I agree with what you said 

Thumbup
Rob from Dartmoor.
(01-07-2020, 11:16 PM)bigrob Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 08:48 AM)Dr Mabuse Wrote: Confused Big Rob???????

Not confused Dr M, but I put a lot of laughing smile things and the posting turned them into frekin' question Mark's.

I agree with what you said 

Thumbup

That'll be Russian or Chinese interference in the forum's machinery Big Rob - the feckers!

Often 'auto correct' changes your text and thus context of your message.  Can sometimes be misunderstood and mayhem occurs.  I'm afraid Trump will send off the nukes by Twitter with his words of wisdom!....