1988 DR750 Big rebuild
(27-11-2020, 07:10 PM)ladder106 Wrote: So in summary, the SR41 (Dr750) and SR42 (DR800 with original style bodywork) use the single CDI source coil stator.

The SR43 (DR800 with “updated” bodywork) uses the stator with 2 CDI source coils.

I’m still interested in how you solved the problem with the leaking carb float fuel valve.  You eliminated all possibility of fuel leaking around the outside of the valve, so what do you think finally sealed that leak and allowed the float to work as it should?

I think there had to be a small piece of debris or something in the fuel supply side of the carb. Basically I had the carb submerged in water while blowing air through the fuel input to see if there was any kind of leak or maybe a hairline crack in the casting that I was missing. This only seemed to show , again, that the float needle could stop air and was no other leaks. After that I stripped the carb completely again, ultrasonic cleaned it again , blew air through it. Reassembled and was fine.   Fortunately as was getting a bit sick of the smell of petrol and constantly taking the carb to bits. While all this was going on I had picked up another set of carbs that popped up on ebay but I have not looked at them yet.
The bike runs sweet now.
It has had to take a back seat for now as I'm waiting for the hmrc/dvla so I can UK register the bike then will deal with the cosmetics, Plus my BMW F650 needs some TLC
Well....After putting the DR in the back of the shed nearly 2 years ago, some ill health, surgery and life...I figured it was time to crack on

So she is on the bench, fired up again after a slight issue with a corroded connection on the decompression unit but as sweet as I left it. So now its on with the rest. Front braking system is stripped and in the ultrasonic cleaner and new seals etc on order. New brake disk on order as the old one is just on 4mm and slightly warped.

Forks are being drained and fresh oil. Which to be honest after draining the first one they probably dont need but on it anyway. Seals all perfect.

so just waiting for parts and then will need to look at the fuel tanks and plumbing..... Angel
Hi all,

So it turns out that the throttle tube for the DR750 is no longer availible. DR800 & old DR650 look similar but appear equally difficult to obtain.

has anyone got any suggestions for either a universal replacment or from another make/model of bike that has been succesfully used?

thanks in advance
Part no 57110-13610 is unavailable as you say, and I can`t find one for sale anywhere else either.
The 800 and 650 used the same grip but it was different from the 750 and I don`t think they are compatible
No sure what to suggest
(07-11-2022, 08:15 PM)BigBob Wrote: Part no 57110-13610 is unavailable as you say, and I can`t find one for sale anywhere else either.
The 800 and 650 used the same grip but it was different from the 750 and I don`t think they are compatible
No sure what to suggest
Thanks for the quick response :O)

I have just ordered 57110-13600 from fowlers. I read in another thread that the TS50x uses the same part. When I looked it up on CMSNL the only part I could find for the TS is what I have just ordered.
Looking at several pictures online it appears to be the same,  but black rather than white. Fowlers list it as in stock for £22 delivered so took a chance. Will update when it arrives
Photo 
Hi 

I had the throttle grip arrive today from Fowlers

part#57110-13600 (from a TS50X)

this is identical to the DR750 part#57110-13610 appart from the actual plastic the part is made from is black rather than white.

heads up for anyone lookibg for a throttle grip as they seem to be in stock and arrived in 2 days

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pHrbkZ6tLQt5XuDT9
Good info, well done. Interestingly, the black one is £17 and the white one £36. Bonkers!