Article on Dr750, who's game?
https://imgbb.com/
Tis free Spen and decent to use. After you upload go to the full image link and copy it into yer post and hey presto.
Hi,
That is mint ,def worth near to the 8k if that red DR750 BEAKY...is a bench mark for valuation!
Is that blue DR800 still in the UK?
The article was clearly written by a sportbike rider who wasn`t even born when the Big was in production.
A lot of the so-called facts on their fact sheet are totally wrong.
As with so many of these types of article, they really do miss the point completely, and the bike gets dismissed because it doesn`t have big bhp or top speed.
Their loss.
You ever come across a decent review Bob?

If I was to criticise the big the things that are note worthy to me are a weak front brake. It's of its time but still weak.

CCT. Would be forgivable but for the fact the fu***r ain't externally mounted.

Starter gear failures.

Knocky 88 cranks.

Carb removal ballache lol!!!

Lack of babbit bearing or removable shells for the cam journals. I'm unsure if that's a fair criticism as if everything works as designed they give good service but I dislike the notion of the component being junked if worn. Did klr's have shells?
I agree with all the points you make, as I am sure everyone else on this forum will.
The SR43 brakes were better with the bigger front disc, and you can get Brembo replacements.
If you think the SR41/42 brakes were bad then try a DR600 and you`ll never complain again. Woefully and criminally inefficient.
Not sure about the cam journals, as I`ve never known a Suzuki with shells,and they don`t need them. The problem is with idiots running low on oil.
And no, the KLR didn`t use shells either.
BigBob Wrote:I agree with all the points you make, as I am sure everyone else on this forum will.
The SR43 brakes were better with the bigger front disc, and you can get Brembo replacements.
If you think the SR41/42 brakes were bad then try a DR600 and you`ll never complain again. Woefully and criminally inefficient.
Not sure about the cam journals, as I`ve never known a Suzuki with shells,and they don`t need them. The problem is with idiots running low on oil.
And no, the KLR didn`t use shells either.
I suppose it was just surprising to me to see the cam spinning on the bare alloy of the head (well, on the oil rather than the alloy). If a situation ever arose that there was oil starvation the parts junked. Again I'm very amateur in my understanding but it seems engineered just enough but not forever. I know I know naive Angel
Not sure where I got it that the klr ran shells but did some singles of the time?

Things in its favour are ergos, balance of package overall, range, relative simplicity, torque, handling, and that thing that Suzuki puts in a lot of its machines, fun! Tongue
Can't say I have ever seen an Aluminium over head cam head with shells in, other than The Jag XK head. Anything 70's upwards seems to be running straight in the head.
So an unfair criticism it seems. Perhaps my being just a tad anal at play here Banghead .
On second look the pics I saw online of klrs with shells was post being line bored for repair.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qcFmilY...s=5ebc4abf
Good find. I remember the article at the time. Typical Roger Willis write up.
He was part of a bikers collective in London that produced a magazine called "On yer bike" which folded after about 6 issues back in about 1980 or so.
I still have all issues somewhere up in my attic, and it`s shame it folded as it gave a very anarchistic anti capitalist view of biking.
>
>
>