Hey from Yorkshire, and elsewhere
Hey all.
I would have sworn I registered here when I bought my '96 Big in 2016. But I guess not!
Ridden her a reasonable amount in Holland, where I bought her. Had always meant to go to Hessler's place, as I used to work for an institute based in Leipzig, but never got around to it. Did a trip to France, where I wiped out on a slick, twisty road and dislocated my shoulder (the pic is from about 15 minutes before that happened), luckily the Big didn't suffer much.

I moved to the UK last September, and haven't gotten around to importing the bike yet, so I'll be bumping the thread that talks about the V55/5 form maybe :?

Before this I owned an Aprilia Tuareg 600 while living in W Africa, as well as riding a lot of project 125-150cc 2 stroke bikes, and a Honda Xl185 in South Africa.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

eee oop! Where in Yorkshire?
Welcome, that sounds nasty dislocating your shoulder, I did the same thing going down a hill in the wet but I fractured the ball joint as well so put me out of riding for almost a year, amazing how it all heals up.
Thanks gents!

Bob:

I'm in York for another week, moving to Ripley. My work gets me out all over West Yorkshire, Harrogate and Selby district too. Whereabouts are you?

Graham:
Ouch, fracture is unpleasant! I got to spend a month at my parents' place in the south of France to heal up. I first dislocated it in rough surf in South Africa 13 years ago. I'm hoping it's not going to happen again!
I`m in Essex but my wife is from Yorkshire and very proud of it!