PADDY DAKAR
Giving this a lash this year. Looks like FUN..
http://www.thepaddydakar.ie/

my fingsers are tio fat fir the keypad
Well that was a good weekend. Left home on friday about lunch time for the 200 mile spin down to Doon in co Tipperary (its a long way to).    
Got as far as armagh and thought i had a front wheel punture while filtering through traffic. Put some air in . Was 22lb. Paranoid for a lot of miles but it stayed up. I took my time goin down through the midlands (avoiding all motorways) arriving about 18:00.
The setup of the event was brilliant. Greeted by one of the friendly organizers on arrival, shown where to pitch up and told when breifing would be.
Its a team event navigation with a clue sheet for answers to prove you got there.
My team mates where Phill Gunn (an absolute legend in the rally world INVENTOR of RALLY OF DISCOVERY ) and Bernard Mcdevitt ( expert class enduro rider) . So no pressure on me then !!!!
The going was boreens and gravel trails with some sections of slightly more difficult tracks. All doable for even offroad novices with care. The Gunner and Bernard set a blitering pace (even tho Bernard had his missus on the back!!!) but the Dr aquitted herself very well never missed a beat.. Only thing i would put on some more offroad type tyres on as the mitas eo7 were a bit scary on muddy parts.
Overall the event was real good. 40euro entry fee covered camping breakfast sat morn bbq sat night goody bag with t-shirt chain lube loads of stickers band on sat night.
A real variety of bikes with all skill levels of rider.
Also the weather was brilliant. I would highly recommend this if you fancy getting your BIG dirty. Sorry i didnt take many pics but you could check the website as there will likely be a 2013 gallery soon. Also some lads in wales enjoyed the run so much a few years ago they invented the TAFFYDAKAR.
Maybe a DR BIG TEAM next year????    
Well done Kyle.
I was tempted to put E07's on mine next but your comments just reminded why I shouldn't. Looks like it will be E09 rear with maybe a TKC up front this time Thumbup
The tkc front wears well a ok off road. But no side grip so choose your ruts wisely as theres no climbing out of them!!!!

Yeh had the TKC's on my SR43 & DR650se. Certainly the best all round for road work at the front. Tried the front E09 which was pants on all counts & has worn at the same rate as the rear. Mind you I have to say the rear E09 is good, not the best on the road though as expected. Got around 3500 miles on it with 6mm tread remaining Thumbup
Had the E07 on the rear of my SR43 & although fine on the road & hard wearing it had little hookup on the dirt.
thats my home ground down there in tipp.