Dr Big
Here is my old DR650RS - Printable Version

+- Dr Big (http://drbig.info)
+-- Forum: Technical (http://drbig.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: DR650/DR600 (http://drbig.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Here is my old DR650RS (/showthread.php?tid=3082)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - BigBob - 13-04-2020

I`ve always used PJ1 but it`s good to know of an alternative

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - bigrob - 13-04-2020

I've used PJ1 as well Bob, another good product.

So, me and the wife struggled, but managed in the end to get my engine back in the frame. As has been said by the wise ones on here, engine and frame refurbished first then lay engine on it's side and drop frame over over it......easy. Next time, I'm doing that :lolno: Banghead

Still, should motor on now.

[Image: 8ad49f1340253623.jpg]

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - BigBob - 14-04-2020

Looking very pretty Thumbup

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - notags - 14-04-2020

Hi,
Looks good,it’s great having a wife who is sympathetic to our cause,my wife is a electric wizz,she has more patience
and smaller fingers than me for those intricate smaller jobs.
Engine looks good.
Cheers.

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - H_Lime - 14-04-2020

You're flying Rob. The paint job looks ace mate, you'll be back on two wheels in no time Thumbup
Have you all bits bought that you need?
Im yet to order cables, c&s, tyres and tubes. This fookin corona sh1t will stymie thatSad

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - bigrob - 14-04-2020

Kind words from the 'massive', yes, most parts purchased before this damned virus. Although, I'm waiting for a new sump plug round cover. I reckon it's the same as for the mighty DR750/800. Round cover, three bolts to secure, sump drain in the middle (oil strainer behind). Ordered it from CMS in europe. The sump plug had had a repair to the thread and it was shart. And as a new cover is only €34 , I surmised a new one was in order.
That's as far as things have gone after engine fitting yesterday, I preferred to get mullered on vodka tonight, is that wrong ? :D

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - H_Lime - 14-04-2020

bigrob Wrote:Kind words from the 'massive', yes, most parts purchased before this dambed virus. Although, I'm waiting for a new sump plug round cover. I reckon it's the same as for the mighty DR750/800. Round cover, three bolts to secure, sump drain in the middle (oil strainer behind). Ordered it from CMS in europe. The sump plug had had a repair to the thread and it was shart. And as a new cover is only €34 , I surmised a new one was in order.
That's as far as things have gone after engine fitting yesterday, I prefued to get mullered on vodka tonight, is that wrong ? :D
Absolutely not my man. Vitamin V is a known anti viral :twisted:
Been thinking I must get a magnetic sump plug, anyone know of one over the virtual counter?
We need more pics RobSmile

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - BigBob - 15-04-2020

The oil screen cap is the same as the DR500/600 from the 1980s.
The Big cover is rectilinear and about the size of a fag packet.
Worth taking it off anyway to check the screen isn`t blocked with sludge.

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - bigrob - 15-04-2020

Will do Bob, cheers.

Re: Here is my old DR650RS - nug - 15-04-2020

Quote:rectilinear
:wtf: